Where is your Pricing?
I don’t display my pricing publicly on my website as I feel not every wedding couple should be charged the same. For example, a 12-hour day on the south coast with over 150 guests is a lot more demanding on me than a 50-person day down the road from my home in Stoke-on-Trent. If you’d like to find out how much it would cost to have me photograph your day then drop me an enquiry over.
What is the running order of events?
- Initial Meeting – This is a great way to see if we click before you decide to have me for your day. You are also welcome to walk away from this meeting and not book me.
- Decision – You’ll make a decision on whether you want me to be your photographer.
- Contract & Booking Fee – If you decide to have me photograph your wedding then you’ll sign my contract and also transfer me the booking fee.
- Quiet Period – From this point, things will be quiet until the next stage but you’re welcome to reach out and ask me anything and everything even if it’s only wedding-related and not photography-related. I can be a great outside opinion to help you see the light of decisions you may make.
- Final Payment – This is due on the 1st of the month before the one you are getting married.
- Final Meeting – We will meet virtually within the final month’s run-up to your wedding. We will go over your entire timings for the day and discuss what will be best for your photography.
- Timings Review – I will share the timeline with you and you will check it off to ensure details are correct as well as supply me a list of your suppliers.
- Wedding Day – I will attend your wedding for the timings agreed upon and be the most awesome wedding sidekick you could ever wish for. I will check with you before I leave. Standard timings are a minimum of 2 hours before the ceremony until 1 hour after the first dance.
- Sneak Peeks – Within 72 hours of your wedding day you will receive at least 10 fully edited high-resolution sneak peek photographs which highlight core moments of your day. You will be able to download these and share them immediately.
- Pre-Registration Open – At the same time of the sneak peek launch I will also launch a pre-registration page for all of your guests. You will be in charge of sharing this with everyone who came to your day.
- Full Wedding Gallery Delivered – Within 12 weeks I will deliver a full wedding gallery of at least 500 photographs. You will then be able to choose who enters your gallery and who does not via access to the pre-registration list. Those who enter will be able to download everything you haven’t hidden for free.
- Album Design – If you have included an album in your package then you will now start the process of selecting photographs and this must be complete within the year your gallery is online.
- Gallery Expiration – Your gallery will stay live for 1 year from the day the full gallery is released so it will take you right passed your first anniversary. There is an option to keep your gallery online. If you don’t want to keep it online you will have to download it and take care of it yourself as my copy will be removed.
How do you work on the day?
My personality was made to be at a wedding. For the majority of the day, I’ll just appear as one of the guests. Chatting with people I’ve never met, cracking jokes and being discreet with my role.
I like to focus on the moments mainly but will take time out to capture those all-important family portraits. You won’t notice I’m doing it but I’ll often gently guide situations to gain the most out of my work.
Do you do Videography?
I’m currently putting the work in to be able to offer videography as a standalone option in the future. At this moment though I do not offer it but I have a load of names of people I love to work with which I can share with you.
Will you film behind-the-scenes content at our wedding?
Although not a given it’s very possible I will film behind-the-scenes content like this one on your wedding day which I will then use to market myself on social media. I’m happy to not do this if you’d rather me not.
Can we print our photographs and make books ourselves?
YES! Everything in your final gallery is free for you and all your guests to download and print. Try not to be under the illusion of “We’ll just do a book ourselves after the wedding to save money”. Quite honestly; I hardly ever know this to happen.
What if you’re ill?
I’m generally a fit and healthy person (touch wood). I actually swapped out a lot of my sport for other not-so-injury-plagued activities. We can all take an unexpected turn though. Should I be unable to attend your day the very least I will do is refund the money you have paid. Not including any pre-wedding shoots I have done. Before we get to this though I will contact my emergency cover network to find you a suitable photographer who you can rebook for a similar price. All of this will be done openly with constant communication with yourselves.
What if your camera breaks?
I carry multiple cameras, many lenses and many flashes should anything fail.
Are you insured?
Yes, I am, if you or your venue would like to see a copy of my certificates then please just ask.
Will you visit our venue beforehand?
It’s rare for me to visit a venue before the date even if I haven’t shot there before. Visiting a venue does spark ideas but quite often due to the season, weather and light these ideas are only useful for the day visited. For every wedding, I do research before I show up. This, combined with your insight, is all I need.
We’re nervous about photographs, would you recommend an engagement shoot?
Maybe. They are not needed but sure can put nerves at ease. They also give you great insight into how I work. Being able to choose the date and time has some great benefits too.
How many photographs will we get?
I never give an exact number of photographs you will receive. To help me blend in with your day, my photography follows the tempo of the day. I shoot more when there is more happening and I shoot less when there is less happening. I can pledge that there will be at least 500 photographs for a 9-hour+ wedding.
Why don’t we receive anything physical as standard?
I found over the years my couples are all individuals and all have different requirements. As standard though everyone wants a digital package as standard hence why I offer this.
How are our payments broken down?
You pay £400 Non-Refundable Booking Fee upfront when you agree you want me to photograph your day. This is then deducted from whatever package you decide you’d like.
Do you back up our photographs?
Of course. As soon as I click the shutter, my camera saves the photograph to 2 different memory cards meaning there are 2 copies of the photograph straight away. Once home, I back up to several other devices.
Once your gallery has expired after 1 year, I start to delete the photographs from my professional storage devices.
Do we need a 2nd photographer?
For days with over 100 guests and multiple locations, I would suggest booking a second photographer. The second photographers I use are professional and work to their pricing so if you’d like one please reach out to me for a bespoke quote.
How many weddings do you do a year?
I do around 30-40 weddings each year as this number allows me to make a living and still spend time with my partner, my miniature dachshund, my family and my friends.